KAKA! - Everyone kid's favourite! Inside every packet, comes along with a small plastic toy, and there's corn snacks inside.
Chocolate Wafer - I remember that the chocolate layer is those very oily kind, but as a child, you just eat it...
Ding Dang Chocolate cover biscuits - This was my favorite when i was a kid, cos the packaging so cute ma... lol. But think of it now, i think it taste quite bad.
Hacks candy - I thought this is cough drops that taste very minty one, but how come my primary school teacher give to all of us last time? lol
Kickapoo - This is made in Singapore fyi! I wonder who camp up with this name... it sounds like Kick - a - Poo - joy juice... oh crap.
Mamee! The more instant version of the instant Maggi mee! Need no cooking! I still like it until today... i think must be the MSG that makes it taste so nice...
And to satisfy that chocolate craving, sometimes after school the school kids will go to the "mama" shop to buy small packets of nutella to eat it... yes...just eat it as it is!
Retro packaging of Pepsi. you go to the kopitiam, and the pepsi comes in a glass bottle where you have to drink with a straw...Ring Pop... This was available in the later years of my childhood, i never tried it before, and even as a kid, I dun like this idea.







19 comments:
You are very much younger than myself I believe, :) but it seems like the stuff we ate were the same.
Oh man where to get Hiro now??
Agree with Ice that you should be much younger than us. Thanks for the very interesting post! My favourites from the above are Hiro, prawn crackers, mamee and nutella! :)
Ice, you can try those old mama shop. I thought I still see them not too long ago. :P
ice & foodlover - i belong to the earlier part of the 80s... are you all 70s?
i heard that sheng siong still got sell...
my favorite gotta be Hiro, ding dang and toro!
i miss them too!
LipTong
my teacher used to give us the chocolate wafers for children's day in pri sch haha and yah lor got oily taste de!
i recently bought the ding dang chocolate in sheng siong for nostalgia's sake, but omg the chocolate tasted so bad haha!
i miss all the things u've posted but got quite a lot now still got sell! and u forgot pushpop!
we are around the same age! i belong to the "earlier part" of the "later part" of 80s haha~
liptong - yeah... buy for u ringpop next time. lol.
yvonne - last time pri sch teacher very bad hor, but this kind of chocolate for us... lol. anyway i still see those choco wafers around... eeks. i guess it still taste as bad...
pushpop i think was around the ring pop period right, i think the idea is gross lo, i rmb kids eat halfwat then keep it in the container again... =|
yea, we belong to the 80s!
Wow, those snacks are indeed nostalgic. I used to love eating the hiro chocolate cakes, bee bee and calbee. Too bad I don't like eating junk food anymore.
i remember those! but i havn't seen some before. hahahah which means you're older than me. i'm from the last of the 80s.
i don't believe ice is much older though. =P (it's a compliment!)
alicia - wa! very good! healthy lifestyle =)
wenxiu - i guess u haf nv seen kaka and tora b4? and yea... den u r younger than me le... but tt doesnt make me old either! old is relative. lol
i like those small biscuits with colourful icing on top de!!!!!
wenxiu: Thanks for the compliment (if that was one. :P) ...but I'm really very much older than yourself. The last time I wore a school uniform was like 10 years ago? Whoops. :)
Get the idea?...
jiaying - ah! those! now still got sell rite? but one small packets cost like $2 lor... last time so cheap... i rmb i used to eat the icing already den eat the biscuit.
ice - 16 + 10 = 26 got the idea :)
foodiegymmie: err...I think I wore school uniform in jc too... :O
ice - woah... u r very frank! lol.
im just wanna cry seeing this, this got plenty sentimental value
anon - ya man... i know what u mean.
hey regarding this post, u know any toy tat is wrapped with newspaper. outside packaging is black and with a golden question marked on it? cost ard 50 cent. surprise gift inside. now no more selling anywhere, wondering if i can get to see the picture. miss it! do reply me at my blog. mimiepurr.blogspot.com
Post a Comment