First time ate Milk Custard Bun, and 6 out of 8 people of the table loves it. I find if okay thou, fairly good!
4 Custards / 5 Custards
The Prawn is very BIG and very juicy, the prawn "juice" burst on the first bite. The Chiong Fan Skin veryvery smooth that can slides down your throat, but thick (unlike the usual thin kind). The Gravy is not saltish, so light yet so good. Ordered around 6 of this!
4.5 Chiong Fan / 5.0 Chiong Fan
The Glutinous rice wraps a very generous amount of chicken meat, chinese sausages. It is steamed to perfection, not too dry. The Rice is very fragrant with the aroma of the Pandan leaves.
4.5 Glutinous Rice / 5.0 Glutinous Rice
Taste very normal, nothing special, but its nice nevertheless.
3.7 Ribs / 5.0 Ribs
I never tried this, cos its fried and looks normal to me. But from what i heard from the rest, they say its good. I should think its good. Go try to find out! :)
I think the Siew Mais are pretty normal, the small size type. Nicer than NTUC and many of those Buffet Siew Mais, but its certainly not the best ive eaten. But i have to say, its above average la...
4.0 Siews / 5.0 mais
Usually i don't like spring rolls, because they are deep fried, and they taste pretty much the same. I had the first bite, and oh my! Its crispy to the right amount on the outside, and the fillings in the inside was so tasty! I cannot really tell whats inside, but BIG juicy prawn was found inside again! My 2nd bite I dipped it with the specially prepared vinegar, and it now taste even better! So i had my 3rd, 4th 5th..yadayada.... and up up those calories!
4.6 Spring / 5.0 Rolls
The chicken feet is simmered in a very nice sauce with Tau Pok. Those who do not dare to eat the Chicken Feet for fear of those "feets" can eat the Tau Pok underneath it! The Tau Pok is very yummy after sponging up the sauce. For those who dare to eat feets, lucky you, the feet is cooked so well that the skin detaches away from the bone so easliy, and the sauce has already simmered into the skin.. yums... we had about 4 or 5 of these!
4.3 chicken feets / 5.0 Chicken feets
My Favourite dish of all! Each Har Gow envelopes 3 of those BIG JUICY Prawns! So each Bite gives you 3 bursts of Prawn "juice". Ahh... this is heavenly! DIE DIE MUST EAT and MUST EAT ALOT!
4.8 Har Gow / 5.0 Har Gows
This is pretty ok for me..but the rest likes it. Dipped into the special sauce for best effect!
4.0 / 5.0
Well, we ordered only one of this, and this is the first and last. Nothing worth mentioning, a lot of meat fillings inside, but nothing great, and those who ate it agrees too!
3.0 / 5.0
I never eat this cos its just char siew bao. No one mentioned that its good, so once again, i guess its just normal.
Victor's Kitchen is located at:
Level 1 Sunshine Plaza 91 Bencoolen Street (S)189652
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_8671/travel_site_14617/
4 comments:
Hello
I really enjoy your blog....I call it eating with a conscience, haha. Anyway, I meant to ask this earlier so I am sorry it is unrelated to the Aston's entry. I love to eat and lately Ive been putting some pounds on the tummy. I am now trying to eat more protein and veg. Being the fan tong that I am, I would like to know if there is any truth in that noodles are less fattening of a carbo than rice?
thanks!
Hi anonymous,
I assume you know about calories intake and how extra calories turn to fats. Since you are concerned about the extra pounds on your tummy, what i would suggest is to keep those calories in check, and reduce your intake of fatty food. As to whether noodles are less fattening of a carbs than rice, this depends on what kind of noodles and what kind of rice. But generally, for most cases, noodles(boiled/steamed) contains less carbs, more protein than white rice(steamed), but their difference is not really very significant except for pasta which contains significantly more proteins and less carbs. Between steamed white rice and fried noodle, steamed rice will be the way to go since the noodle is fried. Here's an article which i think might be useful - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lowcarb.htm
hope it helps :)
Hi there, I guess you mean Victor's Kitchen, not Vincent's Kitchen for this entry. =) Nice blog, though. I've added you to my food blog listing on my own site.
hey.. thanks for adding me, personally enjoy your food blog too :) and yes..its victor's kitchen! better correct it now..thanks for pointing it out... =)
Post a Comment