Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fancy Delight - Interesting but not delightful

This cute looking tarts were spotted at the Chinese new year goodies fair at Takashimaya. There's a lot of hype over these tarts for it is very cleverly marketed... VARIETIES!

They have fruity flavours - Strawberry, Kiwi, Blueberry etc. Local Flavours - Kaya, Green Tea, Corn etc. And Chicken based - Curry Chicken, Pepper Chicken and Mushroom Chicken etc.

Very interesting right!

So i got... (Clockwise from Top Left) - Double Chocolate, Melting Chocolate, Original, Original, Original again... and lastly Banana!

Disect into half... and this is how melting chocolate looks like... I thought the egg custard could be much better... chocolate just taste like chocolate... but I don't really like the way they go together... no a perfect match....

And so was the banana egg tart... the banana is just that little slice you see at the bottom, and similarly, the egg custard was hmm.. not too good... Banana and egg tarts just don't match too...

Sorry Fancy Delight... Others might find you lovely, but not me larh... Tong Heng still owns you big time... but but... you are the innovative one...


4 comments:

red fir said...

I don't fancy fancy delights either. I don't like Tong Heng either lol. I find Tong Heng's crust overly sweet & not buttery at all. Overly hyped and it cost $1.30 the last time I saw it. So friggin' ex. My favorite is the Canto style flaky crust type. I like the ones from dim sum restaurants & Leung Sang at Sago Street Chinatown.

Anonymous said...

hehe Tong Heng FTW!!! been eating it since pri sch lor...

i don't think the egg tarts anywhere else can beat it... really! :(

redSeptember said...

oh God, that looks so damn tasty.

but i am sure it is nasty with calories!!

why, God, why?!?!

FoodieGymmie said...

ice - Tong Heng is nice leh... must eat it while its hot! but yea... i think its ex for an egg tart... the cost price is very low onli lor.... i dunno about Leung Sang... any info online? thx!

fabbie - since primary sch!!! wah... so good sia... i aso tink its nice!

redSept - Those in the blog looks tasty... but they aren't! lol