Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Balance 769 NBX - New year New Shoe New achievement Older me

Many many months ago... i was saying that my Asics has officially retired. So it is used as a gym shoe only. Now... it has officially...

Asics DS Trainer XI


"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man."

Then about a few months ago...

NB m1222 was introduced into the family.. and it will now be used for heavy duty run >20km for this is a very sturdy pair of shoes, can withstand most shit and still survive...

I used my left-in-the-storeroom-dirty-smelly-many-many-yrs-old-first running shoe given by SAF... er.. actually not given. I used my 2 and a half years of youth to exchange one. lol... and trade in (40%) for a...

Introducing: NBX 769

This running shoe offers a strong blend of cushioning and mild to moderate anti-pronation support. The ACTEVA LITE midsole houses rearfoot ABZORB DTS and forefoot ABZORB with full-length ABZORB strobel sock for excellent levels of cushioning. The TS2 Medial Post, STABILITY WEB and NLOCK give the runner plenty of support and stability.

Key Features Explained:
  • ABZORB DTS - Dynamic Transition System combines Abzorb foam with Abzorb SBS to provide optimal cushioning and a smooth transition on heel strike.
  • ABZORB - Provides enhanced heel and forefoot shock absorption.
  • STABILITY WEB - Provides lightweight torsional midesole stability.
  • TS2 TRANSITIONAL SUPPORT - Offers ultimate support for a smooth heel to toe transition. Extra support in the midfoot combined with a slightly softer density material in the heel facilitates the nuetral running gait for enhanced performance.
  • ACTEVA LITE - 12% lighter than Acteva and 24% lighter than C-Cap midsoles.
  • NLOCK - Integrated lacing and webbing system that provides optimal fit, support and security for the midfoot.
  • LIGHTENING DRY - Superior upper material that keeps you dry and comfortable by managing moisture transfer.
  • PHANTOM LINER - Seamless use of inner material to provide an anti-abrasion fit.


This will be used for running on threadmills and running track! Thanks for the 40% off from new balance... if not i would have spent a bomb on Asics Nimbus that i was aiming... but it cost a freaking $180 after 20% discount... now i save $80 bucks. hee. HAPPY!

8 comments:

Activ-Care said...

For me, I use only asics and new balance for my gym and running workouts.

Las montañas said...

wah, that pair of old SAF shoes so smelly you still dare to show us! *hold breath* :P

Actually, I like the NB shoes for 1) wide toe area, 2) mesh that allows very good air ventilation thus prevents stink and bad smell and hence little need to wash. I am currently using NB 1206 super cushioning I think.

Activ-Care said...

Before I started to run seriously, I used to wear Nike and after using it, I tell myself to go with asics and New Balance as advised by my friends and I never look back since. :)

FoodieGymmie said...

Goody - oooo Nike running shoes... very nice designs... but but...


LM - Yaaa!! its so dirty and smelly... haha... i pity the NB guy... but at the trade in "box" there... most of the shoes are army NB shoes. lol. must thk the govt.

wenxiu said...

ahha i agree bout nike. eh try mizuno!! it's the best running shoes i've ever bought. it's still alive after 2 years!

FoodieGymmie said...

WX - mizuno ive tried before... they have very light shoes... but but their "wave" techonolgy cushioning don't know really efficient at cushioning or not leh... but definitely outwin nike :P

Anonymous said...

Deciding to buy a pair of shoes at a discounted price is probably a good decision.

FoodieGymmie said...

Anonymous - haha..ya... very gd decision!