Saturday, December 20, 2008

Marathon Training Prep



The last time I ran long distance (>21km) was like a year back, and the last race I had was the 10k human race, and 10k is really nothing compared to 42k. Physically as well as my state of endurance now, I think i sure "bi jia" (cannot make it) for a marathon la, so today I decide to give myself a trial run to test myself how far i can go.

Ran past RJC, and wahlao... why their JC so freaking big while mine was like a rabbit hole last time??? sad. Witnessed a bike accident too.

As a start, I planned to run at about 80% of my max HR consistently for the whole run. Everything was a breeze for the first hour, until my bodyweight sets it... lol. I think my weight is seriously having a toll on my knees. After close to 1.30 hours, my knees starts to sore, but i still need to make it back home... no money no ez link card... home home... water water... electrolyte electrolyte... my mind is calling for these...

managed to clear the 20k mark... i need to hit 30k minimum! My plan will be short dist, mid dist and long dist run each week. Each week will be only one long distance run and every subsequent week I will increase mileage by 10% until i hit 30!

Wah... so many caolories burned... my arnotts biscuits in the morning all gone already... :) haha... and i was already veryyyyyyyyyyyyy hungry by then... and i was craving for some piping hot sandwiches!

and since I had a lot of leftover chicken breast meat from yester-nite steamboat, I made chicken sandwiches, with egg, ketchup, blackpepper, and cheese when i got home!

I love my sandwiches with all the cheese and ketchup oozing out and charred at the sides... the best sandwich imo. haha.



and motivation picture for the day!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice looking blog. The pictures really add something. Congratulations on shooting for a marathon. This is a worthwhile goal that can help teach you a lot about yourself. For some, it can be a life changing event. Best of luck to you.

Mike Riley
http://www.marathon-training-authority.com

Activ-Care said...

your sandwiches always make me hungry.

FoodieGymmie said...

Mike - Thks for the encouraging words, and those information on ur website is really useful. :)

Goodydaze - yes.. they are really good! a master of sandwiches... :D

Ate & Trained