Friday, April 10, 2009

Yes! I did it! Korea Open Marathon

I am trying to keep this post short as I have 101 things to do now. 3 more days is my German exam and FYP presentation, but I have yet to prepare for them because of the trip to Seoul. But this is truly an experience worth every other things.

It was 9am, cloudy strong winds along the river. Temperature hit the low of 2 degree celcius that morning. During the warm-up session, everyone commented that I looked very stressed, indeed I was! I was skeptical if I can even complete the race as the cold is far far too cold for me. Even a short jog to the washroom is already killing me, ears were numb and lips were very dry.

But I have a few motivations in mind, the medal, the chocopies which I will get to eat along the race (hehe), and basically I just want to complete this race.

Dressed in tracked suit and pants, with a hood over my head, tights under my trackpants and running gloves... (whereas the koreans are in singlet and shorts... omg)... I started off slow... far too slow. For the first 5k, my nasal was freezing, I have quite a bad headache that extended from the nasal passage all the way to my head. I was coughing along the way. But I finally did it!

Tada! Timing was not my PB, but I am glad that I managed to complete what I started.
The medal damn chio right? =D Its actually beautifully gold-plated and is pretty heavy too! This is definitely one of the highlight of my life.


3 comments:

red fir said...

Congrats!

Waiting for your Korean food & hunks. :)

Miss Tam Chiak said...

all the best to ur exams! and all the best to my final exams too! :D

FoodieGymmie said...

ice - hehe.... thxx! K food and hunks coming soon!!! (if there's any)

jaime - yes! all the best for urs too! gone is my FYP! and so am i... i think...lol