Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon - My Results

I am happy with my results despite feeling so negative about it hours before the race. The atmosphere of the place makes me go "boomz", and my feet just keeps going despite the lactic acid that was building up as I approach the end. It was good fun and good run, but of course not all is entirely good... because it has been 2 days since the race and my sole is still hurting when I flexed it. Other than that, my legs have fully recovered.

Net time (minus away the lag time): 4:38hrs



and the details...




As you can see, my speed for the first 30km is ok, but my last 12km starts to slow down... hehe


The timing was better than expected, because I really wanted to be easy on myself since I just recovered from my gastric flu. But when I start my feet gets going, it just went on and on. My target was an hour per 10km, and I am glad that I managed to stick close to the pace that I have set out for.


and a nice cool J.Cool Yogurt to cool myself down, and replenish the sugar that I have lost!


what's next after SCSM 2009?


3 comments:

red fir said...

Congrats! For your perseverance...

Activ-Care said...

Congrats FG. :)
For me, my thighs and hamstring area is recovering, it hurts when I go down the stairs.

So only light training for me today.

I am going for the adidas sundown marathon.

FoodieGymmie said...

ice - "kam xia". i see that u have been ouaming ouam ouam :)


Ee - my thighs have recovered fully. but i think i injured my feet, my heel hurts as i walk... if it still persist i think i am in deep shit.