Saturday, June 27, 2009

From Paris to Berlin - Berlin Day 1 - Fruit Pastry, Currywurst and Fisch Burger

After spending 3 days in Paris, we flew to Berlin to test out my German... it works! lol. We will be in Berlin for the next 6 days, we intend to complete the whole of Berlin!



Landing... aerial view of Berlin... I think I will love this place! and i did!

Currywurst! I heard a frantic ex-classmate of my german class who talks about how wonderful currywurst is! I must try!

Rostbratwurst sellers floods the street of Alexandreplatz... I eat these everyday! They simply rock! My gf just went Brotzeit after we can came back from Germany, and she still prefer this 1.20Euros Wurst compared to the atas one in Brotzeit. In my humble opinion, I think the quality of the dogs are not as good as brotzeit, but in terms of the way its done, its so much better!



A visit to a new country is never complete without a visit to their supermarket!
Cebu Supermarket



Beers are dirt cheap..they are sold in CENTS!

cost about Sing $6 for this small danish pastry topped with assorted fruits... Super!

Dinner was currywurst... It is a deepfried sausage topped with lotsa ketchup and curry powder... Lots of them in the next few days... *FAT*

Fisch Burger

The owner of this place where we had our dinner was a young chap. He is so friendly! He asked me if I know C-programming as he wants to make some MAPS for some online games. He showed what he was playing, and told me this is very popular in singapore as well... but i have to say that i dissppointed him! I am no gamer!

On our way back, bought a fresh bretzel, sprinkled with coarse sea salt. YUMS

2 comments:

Las montañas said...

have u weigh yourself yesterday? looked into the mirror? what do you see

FoodieGymmie said...

i lost 8kg from pre marathon to after my trip... =\