A very old school Bakery. I remember during those days when i was younger (when i was still a cute white chubby primary school kid, lol), the aroma of the freshly baked bread never fails to attract my attention every morning.
My Primary school school used to stand just directly opposite this bakery, but now it has shifted to somewhere in Tampines. I have not bought anything from them since the 90s, and I was pleasantly surprised that this shop is still operating till now, everything remains more or less the same. They used to bake bread using coal-fired ovens, I am not sure if they still do, but i am very positive that no one does that anymore.
My Primary school school used to stand just directly opposite this bakery, but now it has shifted to somewhere in Tampines. I have not bought anything from them since the 90s, and I was pleasantly surprised that this shop is still operating till now, everything remains more or less the same. They used to bake bread using coal-fired ovens, I am not sure if they still do, but i am very positive that no one does that anymore.
Blk 47 Lor 6 Toa Payoh
10 comments:
i love those breads too. :)
the bread is so old-school! i'm always on the look out for this type of traditional confectionery. haha
There are still quite a few of these old fashioned bread shops which still bake their breads using coal-fired ovens. These are the ones which supply those white loaves to bakeries. I even bought these buns from them before. yep, these cream ones included! One is very famous called Sweetlands confectionary & bakery at Kim Keat Rd near Whampoa FC. I bought a whole bag of buns, ate one then accidentally left the rest at a kopitiam LOL.
goodydze - yea... something different from all funny funny bread we see in bread talk etc now..
LIC - ya man, i saw your post of the love confectionary at alexandra FC... looks good too! i past by tt place a couple of time, but it always looks so empty!
ice - ooo... i didn't know that those white loaves are baked using coal-fired ovens... now i noe. wow... your that bun cost you a lot! lol. whoever found it must be a happy boy/girl for tt day. lol
Hey check this out. This is the one I was talking about. I believe these blackhead loafs are black coz of the coal-fired ovens. The skins are then sliced off to produce those white and super soft loaves. Super delicious and best with peanut butter & kaya!!
ice- damn old sch la! this singapore bakery place also bake a lot of such blackhead bread very early in the morning... so i guess probabaly they are still using the coal-fired ones then. But their blackhead bread are only available early in the morning, by afternoon the shelves will be cleared by then!
i went to this balmoral bakery at sunset way, the cashier there looks as if she hates the world. when i went there and took a tray, she insisted on helping me then later she realised i wanted more than 3 types of bread/cake, she handed me the tray and asked me to take it for myself, then i take lor. then when i wanted to take a second tray, she gave me dagger knives stares.
then when paying she re-calculated my total more than 5 times, one time mentally, 3 times calculator and the last time with her cash register.
then she packed my confections, took my money and my change she just put it beside her as she was busy shooting her dagger knives stares at another lady.
first time, i buy confections with trepidation. ;)
Wow, these old-school bakeries has been neglected over the years. The bread looks so soft in the pictures and I really feel like grabbing a bite. Maybe it is time I skip the cakes and munch on some breads...
Goodydaze, how's the bakes from Balmoral Bakery setting aside the dagger knives stares?
fen - perhaps u can start a new blog sgbread? lol but don't stop your new cake entries from coming in... always looking forward seeing the picture of the next cake you guys eat!
Looks amazing!!!! /I look forward to your feedback /thanks for this man it was very help Baking Equipment for Sale
Post a Comment