Friday, October 17, 2008

Sale at Vivocity Candy Empire - Ritter Sport & Peanut Butter MnMs

And who says Foodiegymmie doesn't indulge?!
in fact he indulge so much that he always kena "niam" by CH.


Candy Empire at Vivocity Outlet

The cheapest Ritter Sport I've seen so far! One for only $1.90! The closest competitor to this price was the ones I bought at Cebu! After converting Pesos to SGD, its about $2. NUS COOP used to sell at $2.20. Normal Price is $3.40!

Marzipan (For Her) and Full Chocolate with Almonds (For me)

I always like my chocolates with nuts...

MnMs Peanut Butter @ 1 for $1.50, 3 for $3.40 (savings of $1.10!)

Usually I don'y eat MnMs because I feel that that it is way too sweet, and the chocolate merely taste sweet only, lack of the chocolatey taste. But not when its MnMs Peanut Butter!!! I love all things peanut butter!

Sugar-coated Chocolate with a Peanut Butter Core

14 comments:

red fir said...

ok ok foodiegymmie does indulge... :)

Hey guess what? NTUC's selling Adam's for $3.95/$4+ I think! Go get some!

FoodieGymmie said...

And guessed what? I already bought 2 bottles! and i think its not enough.. geez. should have bought more! Thanks for informing me btw! :)

red fir said...

You're always faster when it's peanut butter. :) I'm going stock Adam's up soon. Dumping away those Skippy's...made in China. :O

FoodieGymmie said...

yes! anyway i just got another 2 more today... i think should be able to finish all within 2 months! and yes yes.. dumped skippy eat adams! :)

Anonymous said...

hi foodiegymmie,

i've read up a little on chocolates. if you like chocs with strong chocolatey taste instead of being sweet, one thing u can try is check out the ingredients that the manufacturers list.

if the 1st ingredient(main ingredient) listed is cocoa liquer, it means the chocolate is of very high quality. and this means that the price should be somewhere up there too. normal chocolates usually have cocoa mass or cocoa paste as 1st ingredient.

one good brand of chocolate would be varholna which is very commonly used by chefs.

zy

Activ-Care said...

i love peanuts and peanut butter. sometimes i think i eat too much of them. anyway to get rid of my peanut craving?

red fir said...

These M&Ms and stuff are candies, not chocolates. Chocolates should only include cocoa beans, cocoa butter and sugar as ingredients.

I got some single-estate chocolate bars now. Valrhona, Amedei and Michel Cluizel. I mention in my 7th heaven post before.

FoodieGymmie said...

zy - tsk tsk... im so ignorant in these area... heh. but yeah, thx for enlightening me! :) but ya, like wad ice mentioned: MnMs are candies and are meant to be sweet. so what am i saying in my post? im lost.

goodydaze - how to get rid? i dunno! perhaps eating abit just to satisfy tt crave? when it comes to PB, i dun really care! its the only thing i would sin for without guilt! :)

ice - i think i missed that post. will check it out! and ya... MnMs are candies... i dunno what goes into mnms thou...

red fir said...

oh my god! foodiegymmie call me slow or what? But I tasted my first Adam's 100% Natural Crunchy yesterday, stole a bit from my mom's sandwich and it was DELICIOUS with a CAPITAL D!! SO much peanuts! It's all peanuts, pure adulterated peanuts! Really so good! Goodness now I think it's gona be an addiction. You should see my mom's face lit up when she first licked it and she is a more a peanut butter fanatic than myself. It looked like she has just tasted heaven on her bread, My dad couldn't resist it too though he can't take nuts due to gout and he loved it! I bought the creamy one for myself. Man! I need to go NTUC more before they disappear from the shelves, it's a good deal at $4.95 now!

FoodieGymmie said...

ice - yea... u're slow. =X but remember to stir it well, or else the bottom will be just dried chunks of peanuts! they dun just merely taste good, they dun contain hydrogenated fats as well, unless u get the no stirred ones! so do take note!

soon i think u will be addicted to it like me!

red fir said...

You know what? I think it's my mom who's addicted! She is so enamored with the peanut butter she marched to NTUC today and stocked up our pantry with 2 more bottles LOL. :)

FoodieGymmie said...

ice - told u i bought 4 tt day!? now im left with 2.5... and it seems that im the only one eating it... no PB lovers in my family! so no one to steal from me... hA!

red fir said...

foodiegymmie! NTUC is selling it at $3.95 from now till 5 Nov! Damnit haha when I just got mine at $4.95! Garrr! :/ Go get more!

FoodieGymmie said...

5 more days! i got mine at $3.95 too... at AMK NTUC, i dun see it in any other places leh