After reading from some blog about this place, I decide to give it a try! So after my swim, My growling tummy got to tahan until I reach Novena! There are many blogs saying that this place serve one of the best chicken rice, some even say that this is the best in Singapore! A word too "big" to use i guess... Usually this place is very crowded in the evening, probably due to its good location and everyone is hungry after a day's work, and anything taste better when you are hungry...
The garlic paste looks good, I scooped some into my spoon and ate it... there's sesame oil fused in it.
Ahh.... Im hungry, why is the food not here yet??? So i drank the soup... Well the soup taste very "MSG friendly"! so there I am..slurping the soup away until the chicken rice arrives...
Chicken Rice is here! finally... waiting time about 10min on a non-peak afternoon. The rice is very different from other chicken rice outlets. You can see and feel the individual grains in your mouth as you chew on it... very chewy. I must say that the rice is one of the better ones I had so far...4.4 Rice / 5.0 Rice
Lets zoom in to the Chicken! The chiken looks good on the picture, but it doesn't taste as good as it is. I like Hainanese Chicken whereby the meat is "cold", and the meat is not as tender as it should be... I should have eaten at The Yishun Chicken Rice after my swim. The $6.00 chicken rice is cheaper and nicer than this $9.40 Chicken Rice. (Price is for 2 person). The 40 cents is for the wet tissue.3.8 Chicken / 5.0 Chicken
will i ever go back again? dun think so...
Wee Nam Kee is located @
275 Thomson Road
#01-05, Novena Ville
Singapore 307645
Tel: (65) 6255 6396
(Opposite Novena Church)
275 Thomson Road
#01-05, Novena Ville
Singapore 307645
Tel: (65) 6255 6396
(Opposite Novena Church)
9 comments:
this is near my previous working place. very very crowded during lunch hour, tried it once found it ho-hum and never again.
I totally agree with you on this place. We went there on a sunday for lunch and it was packed. The service was abrupt and not very friendly. We asked for soy sauce eggs and were told "don't have". And actually at the serving counter was a plate of those eggs.
The rice is hard (a little undercooked) and oily. There is hardly any pandan leaf/ginger/garlic fragrance in the rice. (3/10)
The chicken also did not taste good (4/10)
goodydaze? what ho-hum? cantonese ah?
Las montañas - U are more strict than me! lol. I only agree with u on the chicken part... Rice i like it cos its chewy, but yes, its oily! probably that's y ppl like it... singaporeans and their oily char kuay teow... any recommendation for better chicken rice?
Hi there..
I've noticed your presence in my blog lately.. that was how I managed to blog hop to this blog :P
Nice blog!
You should try and taste the Seremban chicken rice.. superb!
;-)
team.warsurfer - yeah, forgot how i managed to end up at ur blog... but ur blog has very beautifully taken pictures... nice!
seremban chicken rice? its is m'sia?
team.warsurfer - yeah, forgot how i managed to end up at ur blog... but ur blog has very beautifully taken pictures... nice!
seremban chicken rice? its is m'sia?
no lad FG, ho-hum means so so. nothing to scream about.
goodydaze- i c... i learnt something new today!
@foodiegymmie: Haha, blog hopping can be interesting, can get to meet interesting bloggers from time to time :)
Yup Seremban is a little town (the town, my hometown) in Malaysia. It is located in between the state of Malacca and Kuala Lumpur.
Anyways, I've added your blog URL into mine ;-)
Your blog is very interesting too.. And wow, you do lots of calculations on calories huh... haha.. Keep up the good work! ;-)
Thanks for your kind compliments too. Btw, I've added your blog URL into my blog..
Post a Comment