Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Healthy Snack - Kichererbse Tonno with Bacon Bits

I am blogging from my office now... chinese call it "",eating snake which means "loafing", Internship is so darn boring... good thing is I get to try many yummy food during lunch time... ABC market, alexandra market, Seah Im, Harborfront, Vivocity, Telok Blangah Market, Ikea, Anchor Point, maybe someday NUS! Can you guess which company i am working at now??? :)

I came up with this simple dish one day when I was kind of bored....

Kichererbse is Chickpeas, and Tonno is Tuna in German. High in Protein and low in fats, yet it is quite delicious. The chickpeas and tuna is soft, but the bacon bits add some crunchiness to it and strong meaty taste to it.
Tuna (in brine) provides about 25or protein, 1g of fats (per 100g serving)



Bacon Bits - 3g of protein , 1.5g of fats (one tbsp serving)


Chickpeas - 12g Protein, 3g fats, 55g Carbs (One Cup)
just mix them up, and here, you have a nice healthy snack!

2 comments:

frannie said...

That's one protein-filled snack i must say! (Never knew these 2 could be combined) Yea... boredom is the mother of invention!

FoodieGymmie said...

it taste pretty good! u shud try it too!and yes fd, boredom is indeed the mother of invention! :)

Ate & Trained