Thursday, April 17, 2008

Manhanttan Fish Market @ Plaza Singapura

Our Hamson Prof driving us to...

Company for our presentation... and yesterday concludes the 1 year project with this company... phew... -_-
Good smokers we are... finally this is over!

So we went to...

for a "celebration"...

The platter got "flamed"!

Flaming platter for 1 @ $19
Grilled Platter for 2 @ $34

Definitely better than Fish & Co, I like those mussels and prawns, and the fish is big...
DBS credit card enjoys 10% off

Located @ Plaza Singapura Level 6

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just came over your blog and since you seem quite health-concious I have a question for you. You see, I'm going to Singapore this summer and I eat low-carb food. Do you know about any sugar-free foods in Singapore, like shops who sell them, restaurants, cafe's, brands etc.? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hey eat N train, i think you are doing a brilliant job at your blog. Keep up the good work. I usually read your blog and a few other of my fav foodie blogs everyday. I dont have a blog myself cos...well, hahah, I write for a living and I sure as heck dont want to write for relaxation. Thats why I have other people's blogs to unwind to. Anyway, your blog is unique in that you combine food and fitness which i think is a very impt combination especially for foodies like me. Can I ask you for some advice? People who see me think im skinny cos I have a "rack" on my chest (meaning, I am pretty bony on my chest). But they dont know what is hidden away is a big bottom, thunder thighs and a flabby "not-wash-board" stomach. I would like to know what I should do to be "bottom" and "mid" slim. Are there specific exercises that wont make me even more skinny on top? Or are there certain foods i should eat or avoid? Thanks so much for your help.

FoodieGymmie said...

hi! im curious to know if you are coming over to singapore for a vacation or for a long stay?

if you are coming just for a short vacation, you can always take this vacation as a time to indulge on those "cheat" meals, and perhaps work them off when you are back. :)

but if low carb is a must, there are defintely many choices available. not knowing which country you are from, so it might be a little difficult to recommend you food that suits your taste as there are simply too many choices here...

being a low-carb dieter, im pretty sure you are very familiar how to ditch the carbs. since most food here contain carbs such as noodles and rice, what you can do is simply ditch those carbs and head for the meat and seafood. for example, you can order seafood (fish, cuttlefish, oysters, crabs, prawn etc) which are high in protein and low in carbs.

there are many western eateries over here too, a plate of steak w/o the fries. if you want to try japanese cuisine, you can try the sashimi (raw seafood). there are simply too many choices here... the key thing is just skip the carbs and eat the meat.

if you want to try some healthier local flavor, dishes such as fish soup, herbal chicken, Yong Tau Fu, soya bean curd, and oh yes... you should try steam boat! i have one entry on steamboat which you can read on...

http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2007/08/thien-kee-steamboat.html

there are many places selling steamboat, coca restaurant if you want a nicer ambience.

the list is in exhaustive...

cheers
:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the recs! I'm from Norway, and I'm staying for 10 days so it's not that long. I eat almost anything, and yes, I've had my eye on steamboat and roast chicken, plus I love to eat Korean and Japanese food! I was just wondering if stores there sell sugar free items, like ice cream or yoghurt? I'm not that strictly low carb, so I'll definetely indulge some while I'm there, it would be a shame to do otherwise when I've come such a long way :)

Your blog is awesome btw, I really enjoy reading your entries!! :)

FoodieGymmie said...

heres some more recs,now that you mentioned you are not strictly on low carb diet.

japanese cuisine:
http://www.sushitei.com/
http://www.aburiya.net/home.htm
http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/tonkichi/
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-post.html

korean:
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2007/07/authentic-k.html

steamboat
http://camemberu.blogspot.com/2007/11/magic-of-chongqing-hot-pot.html

Seafood:
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2008/01/jumbo-seafood-riverside-point.html
http://www.jumboseafood.com.sg/
http://nosignboardseafood.com/
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2007/08/thien-kee-steamboat.html

try a taste of local food at these places, these places are recommended to have a feel of what singaporeans eat:
Golden Mile food centre:
Hong Lim Food centre
Old Airport Road Food Centre
Amoy Food centre
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2007/08/bak-kut-teh.html

Fat free ice cream are quite plentiful, but not for sugar free. but nevertheless, heres something which will sin on once in a while... japanese ice cream!

Azabu Sabo
http://eatandtrain.blogspot.com/2008/01/azabu-sabo-central.html
http://www.azabusabo.com.sg/

the list goes on, and you will discover more interesting food when you are in Singapore.

anyway, thanks for your positive comments and hope you have a enjoyable 10 days stay... :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for all the recs :) I will definetely try Japanese ice cream, now I also just discovered Uzumaki ice cream so I'm very excited :) Hehe, thankfully my hotel has a swimming pool so I'll be able to endulge a lot!

FoodieGymmie said...

u r welcome! my vacation in in in may till july, and if you need someone to bring you around for a short day tour for some good and healthy food, my girlfriend and I will be glad to do so... just one way to keep ourselves occupied too!

FoodieGymmie said...

"hey eat N train, i think you are doing a brilliant job at your blog. Keep up the good work.........."

hi there! it certainly delights me with those wonderful comments from you! and im very glad that someone out there enjoys my blog... certainly a motivating factor for me to blog more often... :)

i understand perfectly what you meant by skinny yet there is something hidden away, skinny-fat, and your somatotype should be closer to ectomorph.

a little test for your bodytype:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm


skinny-fat people look thin and and weighs light on the scale too, but when it comes to body fat analysis, their body fat % can be of whopping high levels. this is due to low composition of lean muscles in the body. so the most basic thing to do is to start hitting the gym, gain some lean mass, while those fats will slowly work itself off.

many ectomorph have the misconception that, oh..im thin so i call eat whatever i want...junks and more junks... its true that they look thin but they still can get fats around the waist and thighs area just like anyone else. so when it comes to diet, they have to eat more, but not junks.

exercise-wise, weight resistance exercise will help greatly to shape up. too much cardio exercise will work those fats off, but they will also make you even thinner.

as to what kind of exercise you should do, there is no particular exercise you wouldn't want to have "lumps" in certain areas and untoned in certain areas... therefore an overall workout will be necessary.

as a starter, work those major muscle groups first... I will come up with a new post on some exercise to start off with... and diets to adopt.

cheerz! :)