Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paris Day 1 - La Vallee Village, Supermarket

Suites by mdb

The french at the airport almost caused me to lose my luggages... diverted me to the wrong arrival hall. Anyway Paris CDG airport is well-known to be "unfriendly" according to my friends! The first day started off with no BANG.

But in the end, i my luggages was held in the office... and after hours... i finally reached my place of stay for the next few days! =)

Beautiful, sweet smelling flowers greet me every morning... I never knew flowers can smell so heavenly... Not Singapore orchid of cos!

The food dispenser machine - Forget buying anything from here... a packet of TWIX can cost 2 Euros, that is $4... WTH!

Unlimited rides for 5 days cost S$100

Fair enough for the $1oo if the state of the train is in a good state... Vandalism was abundant! The stench was kind of bad... smell of dead rats? stuffy...

Alighted at Paris Gard du Nord, and saw a interesting stall selling something which until today, I still have no idea what it is... I heard its fermented bread, but I have no idea how true this is

Lots of patissiere at the subway! I am literally droolingz most of the time!

Bought a cinammon roll with raisins... I dunno how to describe the taste man... it just taste GOOD even for a simple cinnamon roll!

The interior of a shopping centre

La Vallee - The "Village" that sells all the branded stuffs from Armani to Longchamp to Calvin Klein to many many unknown brands unheard...

and bought a bag for my work which is going to start in a few weeks time... :(

The shopping spree was followed by a groceries shopping spreeeee at a supermarket near La Vallee



I tried one if the sample cheese... and it taste like "PUKE"!!! The moral of this story is... never anyhow try cheese!


Bought bread for breakfast as we stay in a service apartment... so we make our own sandwiches in the morning...

Mont Blanc sell mineral water too?!?!?

2 comments:

Las montañas said...

alamak, go there to make your own food?!!! pls go out and buy authentic baguettes and espresso coffee in the morning lah.

Yes, i sampled and bought some cheese from carrefour in suntec and it smelled like the most digusting thing on earth! (puke+smelly feet)

FoodieGymmie said...

Morning I wake up at arnd 6am leh... around my place has no FOOD! the nearest structure to my place is the aiport!!